The concern about the attack was so significant that the World Bank, an international agency focused on economic development, whose headquarters is across the street from the I.M.F. in downtown Washington, cut the computer link that allows the two institutions to share information.
A World Bank spokesman said the step had been taken out of “an abundance of caution” until the severity and nature of the cyberattack on the I.M.F. is understood. That link enables the two institutions to share nonpublic data and conduct meetings, but users of the system say that it does not permit access to confidential financial data.
Companies and public institutions are often hesitant to describe publicly the nature or success of attacks on their computer systems, partly for fear of providing information that would be useful to the individuals or countries mounting the efforts. Even so, Google has recently been aggressive in announcing attacks and, in one recent case, of declaring that its origin was China, an accusation the Chinese government quickly denied.
This is a Suspicious News Brief. Read more at New York Times.
Transcript –A99 OpESR Communication #2 Ctrl+Alt+Bernanke
- 90 days ago, we requested Ben Bernanke’s resignation as Federal Reserve chairman.
- Mr. Bernanke has not complied with our request.
- The Federal Reserve’s policies are systematically looting the country to enrich one-tenth of one percent of the population.
- The Federal Reserve has deliberately driven tens of millions of people into poverty.
- The Federal Reserve is responsible for Crimes Against Humanity.
- The Federal Reserve gave trillions of American taxpayer dollars, in secrecy, to the people who were most responsible for causing our economic crisis.
- Our tax dollars were handed out as all-time record-breaking bonuses to top executives at the “Too Big to Fail” global banks.
- The Federal Reserve gave American taxpayer dollars to foreign banks and corporations.
- The Federal Reserve directly subsidized tax evasion by funneling taxpayer dollars into to the Cayman Islands.
- The Federal Reserve gave American tax dollars to their primary dealer banks, so the banks could then lend that same money back to the US government at higher interest rates, leading to significant profits for the banks, at the further expense of the American public.
- Through bailout programs the Federal Reserve socialized financial losses onto American taxpayers and privatized profits into the hands of global banks.
- The Federal Reserve aids and abets trillions of dollars in accounting fraud.
- The Federal Reserve routinely manipulates the stock market.
- The Federal Reserve deliberately caused inflation in the price of food, gas and basic necessities, while devaluing the dollar.
- The Federal Reserve represents the central planning force behind a global banking cartel that has deliberately impoverished people throughout the world.
- US Politicians have not taken action to break up the Federal Reserve and the “Too Big To Fail” Banks.
- US Politicians have not taken action to prosecute the people who caused our economic crisis.
- US Politicians have not taken action to end the system of political bribery, the campaign finance and lobbying racket, which allows global bankers to control our political process.
- Democrats have failed us
- Republicans have failed us.
- No one is defending our interests.
- We cannot remain passive while our future is going up in flames.
- It is time for us to stand up for ourselves.
- It is time for you to stand up for yourself.
- We must restore the rule of law and fight back against the organized criminal class.
- We must now launch Operation Empire State Rebellion.
- The operation will commence on June 14th.
- As a first step, we are calling upon you to occupy a public space until Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke steps down.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.1